Federal Pacific Electric Panel Replacement
What is the Problem?
- Federal Pacific Electric (FPE), a major electrical component manufacturer in business from the 1950s to the 1980s, sold millions of Stab-Lok® branded panels and circuit breakers.
- In 2002, a class action lawsuit in New Jersey ruled that FPE Stab-Lok® branded panels were not tested to UL Standards over the years, resulting in breakers that are slow to trip…or don’t trip at all up to 80% of the time.
- There is no practical way a licensed electrician can tell if a circuit breaker will work properly in the case of an overload at your home – it would have to be removed and tested in a lab.
- If a circuit breaker doesn’t trip, damage to your home can occur.
- Many insurance companies will not insure a home with an FPE panel…or they will charge a premium for the additional risk.
- In Feb 2012, Orlando’s WFTV Channel 9 recently ran a story on FPE panels: http://www.wftv.com/news/news/inspectors-find-hidden-danger-many-central-florida/nHWCQ/
You can read more about FPE here: http://inspectapedia.com/fpe/FPESummary.htm
What is the solution?
- Replace your FPE electrical panel and breakers with a UL Certified panel and breakers using a licensed electrician...like Palmer Electric!
- If your neighborhood has several homes with FPE panels, Palmer Electric can offer your neighborhood special volume pricing that will save each home hundreds of dollars...just let us know.
Please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone today!